Operate with Excellence
Focus IT @ UIC on efficiency and clarity in service provision and support of modern technologies. Empower leaders to redeploy resources and drive innovation.
Strategic Approach Heading link
- Assess current service catalog and retire duplicative, underused, and legacy services, replacing such services with current-generation, cloud-first solutions
- Build a service portfolio management process that engages stakeholders and ensures alignment of IT service provision with the business needs of the university
- Ensure perpetual excellence through dedication to the Continual Service Improvement model of Service Management and Delivery
- Develop a simple, sustainable business model for central IT that supports the needs of the university community through central funding and appropriate self-supporting services
- Deploy low-code and workflow solutions, scaffolded web applications, and a standardized UI/UX design system to support nimble responses to business functions
- Embed digital accessibility review process in technology projects avoiding costly remediation and ensuring legal compliance
- Revolutionize direct support of students, faculty, and staff through the use of modern communication tools, such as artificial intelligence (AI), chat, and modern call centers, as well as a centralized space focused on student walk-in support.
- Provide a best-in-class employee experience for IT staff through engagement, personal and professional development, and advocacy.