Join an innovative organization and develop professionally
Located in the heart of the city, UIC is Chicago's largest and only public Carnegie R1 institution, a designation that is synonymous with academic and research excellence.
As one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse universities in the country, UIC is consistently rated among the nation’s most diverse and inclusive universities, attracting and recruiting world-class faculty, researchers and students.
Who is IT@UIC Heading link
We are a community of dedicated IT professionals and staff responsible for maintaining and supporting the services critical to campus operations.
Technology Solutions, the University’s central IT department, oversees many technologies and services including wireless infrastructure, information security, software development, enterprise applications, high-performance computing, network centers, telecommunications, educational technology, and many other tech services.
We thrive on delivering world-class solutions to a broad spectrum of campus customers and organizations. Our fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic organization prides itself on the strength of our talented staff and engaging leaders to deliver high quality, innovative technology solutions that support our university’s mission.
Quote Heading link
Our culture is defined by creativity, innovation and delivering value to our entire University and beyond.
Why work at IT@UIC Heading link
Our culture is defined by creativity, innovation, and delivering value to our entire University and beyond. We work collaboratively with many others throughout UIC to advance meaningful work — whether that’s world-class research, enhancing the student experience, or streamlining business operations.
We empower staff and provide opportunities to influence IT@UIC and move the university forward; all while experiencing personal growth, development, and work-life balance.
In addition to a fulfilling career with a competitive salary, UIC has excellent benefits including health, paid leave time, professional development, and other great benefits.
Benefits Heading link
- UIC offers excellent health insurance options, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; additional benefits include flexible spending accounts, adoption assistance, smoking cessation, weight loss and other beneficial programs.
Paid Time Off
- Employees may earn up to 28 vacation days per year and 12 days sick leave with no accrual limit, plus 15 observed holidays and 2 floating holidays. Additional paid leave benefits include maternity leave, funeral/bereavement, volunteer, and more.
- Employees receive the benefit of joining the State University Retirement System (SURS), a system that provides retirement, disability, and related benefits.
- The university also offers an optional 403(b) investment plan.
- The University of Illinois System also offers several other benefits, such as employee discounts on computers, AAA membership, phone plans, and more.
- UIC offers tuition waivers that enable employees to pursue and complete Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at UIC and several other state universities.
- UIC offers professional development and training opportunities throughout the year. This includes everything from online tutorials to continuing education.
Certifications & Events
- Employees can qualify for additional training opportunities including special certifications, attending conferences, and other training events.
Flexible & Hybrid Work Schedules
- UIC offers flexible and hybrid work schedules for specific roles.
- For employees furthering their education and attending school, employees are allowed to adjust their schedules around their classes.
- UIC Campus Recreation offers state-of-the-art facilities, including a climbing wall, pools, and a lazy river, and fitness classes.
- Employees receive discounted memberships for access to gyms on both the east and west sides of campus.