Security & Privacy Office
The UIC Information Security and Privacy Office is part of Technology Solutions, the university's central IT Department.
The mission of the Information Security and Privacy Office is to protect the UIC community from active and potential security threats by providing tools, information, and proactive guidance that enables the university community to securely meet its education and research goals.
Email & Contact Shortcuts Heading link
About Security & Privacy Heading link
UNIT: Office of Vice Chancellor of Innovation
DEPARTMENT: Technology Solutions
The Information Security and Privacy Office provides the following services to the UIC Community:
Security Operations Center
- Continuous monitoring of UIC network and application activity for signs of malicious activity
- Monitoring of UIC accounts for suspicious login activity
- Vulnerability scanning and detection
Identity and Access Management
- Automation of account creation and identities
- Aggregate identity information from multiple sources and provide tools to use and manage that information
Security Education and Awareness
- Biennial training for faculty and staff
- Security awareness month campaign
- Alerts of threats affecting the UIC community
- Assist UIC community members with information security-related events including investigation, remediation, and response
- Information security-related questions? Contact security
Email & Phone Support
Available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CT.
Phone: 312-413-0003 – option 9
- What anti-virus software do I have access to?
- How do I reset my password?
- I have been the victim of a cyber scam. What should I do?
- How can I determine if an email is valid?