Accessibility Policy Committee
Goals, Responsibilities, and Members
Committee Resources Heading link
U of I box folder contains meeting materials, policy examples and other supplemental files.
(Please contact Maya Gabriel, firstname.lastname@example.org for the Committee Box Folder access.)
Goals Heading link
The UIC Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Accessibility Policy Committee is charged with providing guiding principles for EIT accessibility compliance to help UIC enhance its own policy and procedures. The policy needs to be flexible enough to allow each department, unit, or office to develop procedures that fit their needs.
Responsibilities Heading link
Help Finalize ICT Accessibility Policy
- Advise units on policy implementation and resources.
- Collaborate and partner with relevant stakeholders to review and finalize the draft policy.
Provide Strategic Direction
- Foster communication on providing necessary accessibility training and education to faculty, staff, and students.
- Plan and measure a coordinated accessibility strategy for departments and central units for prioritization.
- Assist departments and units to create a 3-year accessibility plan.
- Create a review process for each department and unit’s 3-year accessibility plan.
- Review and finalize accessibility planning requirement policy.
Build Compliance Structure
- Create a compliance structure.
- Set up compliance monitoring process.
- Build an exception process (establish criteria and create a decision tree for UIC EIT exceptions).
- Work on procurement, collaboration with purchasing units.
Committee Members Heading link
- Madan Venkatesan, Assistant Director, Applications and Development – Administrative Services
- Scott Rozman, Information Technology Manager – College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Szymon Machajewski, Assistant Director – Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Excellence
- Cheri Canfield, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources – UIC Human Resources
- Dominic Belcaster, Graduate Academic Advisor – Dept of Urban Planning and Policy
- Kimberly Charles, Director of Digital Experience – Technology Solutions/Strategic Marketing and Communications
- Sophia Hamilton, Director, Disability Resource Center
- Claudia Diaz, Associate Director, Great Lakes ADA Center
- Michael Huggins, Executive Director, Marketing and Communications – UIC School of Law
- Dean Dang, Assistant Director, Enterprise Architecture and Development – Technology Solutions
- Michael Wesbecher, Director, Communications & Events – Health Affairs
- Ilir Zenku, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Health System Information Technology – Health Affairs
- Mark Goedert, Director of IT Strategy and Planning – Technology Solutions
- Aaron Rosenthal, Senior Associate Director of Contract Management – UIC Purchasing
- Sherri McGinnis Gonzalez, Interim Vice Chancellor and Senior Executive Director – Strategic Marketing and Communications
Chairs Heading link
- Jaeun Jemma Ku, Assistant Director of Digital Accessibility, Office for Access and Equity
- Jason Maslanka, Chief Technology Officer, Technology Solutions