Technology Solutions Maintenance Window: May 14 – 16 Planned Downtime Schedule
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Please note that Technology Solutions' next quarterly maintenance window is from Friday, May 14, starting at 9:30 PM, through Sunday, May 16, 11:59 PM.
Technology Solutions' maintenance windows are scheduled to have the least impact on UIC operations, and downtime for services is kept to a minimum. However, certain services may be unavailable for extended periods of time due to necessary updates.
Below is the schedule for maintenance window activities that will impact Technology Solutions services:
Friday, May 14
- Between Friday, 9:30pm and 11:59pm, the Pharos U-Print printing service will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. Wepa Print services will remain available.
- Between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, maintenance will be performed on the Virtual Computer Lab Environment, which will be unavailable during this time.
Saturday, May 15
- Between 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM, maintenance will be performed on wireless network authentication servers. Authentication to Chicago campus UIC-WiFi may fail from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM. Authentication to the Eduroam network and the Rockford campus wireless network may fail between 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM.
- Between 9:00 AM and 9:30 AM, network maintenance will be performed on the campus buildings listed below. Downtime is expected to be less than a minute.
- Academic and Residential Complex (ARC)
- Sports Fitness Center (SFC)
- Engineering Innovation Building (EIB)
- Science and Engineering Offices (SEO)
- Engineering Research Facility (ERF)
- Between 10:00 AM and 10:30 AM, maintenance will be performed on a small number of locations in the Molecular Biology Research Building (MBRB). A network outage may be experienced during this time.
- Between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM, maintenance will be performed on Bluestem and Shibboleth authentication services. Authentication to systems using Bluestem and Shibboleth will be unavailable during this time.
Sunday, May 16
- No Scheduled Maintenance
To report a service outage that you believe is not part of the above maintenance activities, please contact Technology Solutions Network Operations Center at 312-413-0003 Option 2 or Report an IT Problem at help.uic.edu.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.