Technology Solutions Maintenance Window: May 14-16 Planned Downtime Schedule
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Please note that Technology Solutions' next quarterly maintenance window is from Friday, May 14, starting at 9:30 PM, through Sunday, May 16, 11:59 PM.
Technology Solutions' maintenance windows are scheduled to have the least impact on UIC operations, and downtime for services is kept to a minimum. However, certain services may be unavailable for extended periods of time due to necessary updates.
Below is the schedule for maintenance window activities that will impact Technology Solutions services:
Friday, March 19
Communication & Collaboration
- Between 10:00 PM and 11:00 PM, maintenance updates will be applied to all Voice over IP (VoIP) phones, causing them to restart. Active calls will not be dropped, but new calls will not be possible until the phone has finished restarting. Downtime is not expected to last longer than five minutes per phone.
- Between 9:30 PM on Friday and 9:00 PM on Saturday, maintenance will be performed to improve the availability of Microsoft Exchange email services. Downtime is not expected to occur.
Saturday, March 20
- Between 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM, maintenance will be performed on wireless network authentication servers. Authentication to Chicago campus UIC-WiFi may fail briefly between 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM. Authentication to the Eduroam network and to the Rockford campus wireless network may fail between 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM.
- Between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, maintenance will be performed on the virtual machine infrastructure. Downtime is not expected to occur.
- Between 10:00 PM and 11:59 PM, maintenance will be performed on the servers that host the uic.edu and emergency.uic.edu websites. A brief downtime of the uic.edu website is expected with this upgrade. If you have any questions about the upgrade, please contact us at Ask an IT Question.
- Between 12:00 AM and 9:00 AM, hardware maintenance will be performed on the UIC wireless network. Downtime will be minimal and is not expected to last longer than 10 minutes.
- Between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM, maintenance will be performed on Bluestem and Shibboleth authentication services. Authentication to systems using Bluestem and Shibboleth may be unavailable during this time.
Sunday, March 21
- No Scheduled Maintenance
To report a service outage that you believe is not part of the above maintenance activities, please contact Technology Solutions Network Operations Center at 312-413-0003 Option 2 or Report an IT Problem at help.uic.edu.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.