6/7 – Identity and Access Management issues reported [RESOLVED]
UPDATE: As of June 10, 2022, Technology Solutions has confirmed restored functionality for affected UIC applications, and NetID activation issues should now be resolved.
- New hires unable to complete the NetID Claim section of UI New Hire can now resume the UI New Hire process.
- Any clients experiencing password failures or issues should go to the NetID Center and re-sync their password. How do I resync my NetID password?
If access problems continue, clients can report the issue at it.uic.edu/report-a-problem.
Thank you for your patience while these issues were resolved.
PUBLISHED 06/07 at 10:00AM
Technology Solutions has received reports that users are experiencing issues with some UIC applications, including UIC NetID activation and external affiliate services.
Please note, on Saturday, June 4, Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS) performed a scheduled upgrade to the midPoint application that contains identity and access management data for individuals across the university system. During this upgrade, there was an expected outage that lasted longer than anticipated and affected some UIC applications.
The affected UIC applications were brought back up on Monday, June 6, 2022. However, the following ongoing issues have been reported:
- New NetIDs created after 8:00 am CT on June 4, 2022 are not getting set up in the password management system. As a result, clients are unable to set passwords through any application, including UIC NetID activation, UI New Hire, and the NetID Center.
- Clients with existing NetIDs, whose affiliations expired in the past and were renewed after 8:00 am CT on June 4, 2022, may find that password resets do not sync to UIC systems affecting their ability to log in to UIC accounts.
- In some limited cases for active clients, UIC passwords are getting unexpectedly changed or expired by routine account administration processes. In these cases, the client can resolve the issue by logging in to the NetID Center and re-syncing their password following these steps: How do I resync my NetID password?.
The Technology Solutions IAM team is aware of these issues and is working closely with AITS to diagnose and resolve as quickly as possible. We will keep the IT@UIC Community informed with any updates.