Using Blackboard Learn
Blackboard Learn is the centrally-supported learning management system used by faculty and students at UIC. To access UIC Blackboard go to uic.blackboard.com and login using your UIC NetID and password.
Your instructors might post online content in many different forms, make sure to know where pertinent information is posted and discussed within your course(s):
Instructors may use Blackboard Collaborate to lecture, share presentations and applications as well as host office hours. Blackboard Collaborate is a real-time video conferencing tool built into Blackboard Learn.
- Use Chrome, Safari or Firefox browser for the best Blackboard Learn experience. Internet Explorer should be avoided.
- The Blackboard smartphone app is available for students to receive mobile updates, participate in course-related activities, and view grades.
- The offline content feature provides continuous access to course content regardless of your internet connection.
- While you have an internet connection, download some content that you want to view when you’re offline.
- You can download available content for an entire course or just specific items. Auto-sync ensures your downloads are updated the next time you’re online.