Security & Password
Students are issued unique identifiers and can reset and manage security preferences at the NetID Center. Learn about your NetID, how to reset your password, staying safe online, Duo 2FA, and UIC Alerts.
Quote Heading link
UIC Security team’s mission is to protect the community from cyberthreats and to secure the institutional data and the personal information of everyone at the University.
Title Heading link
Frequently Asked Questions Heading link
- I forgot my password, what should I do?
- Can someone help me change my password without me coming to the university?
- How do I update or confirm my UIC Alert subscription?
- How do I set up or update password recovery options?
- How can I change my existing password?
- What is the difference between my NetID and UIC email address?
- Can I change my NetID?
- What is 2-Factor Authentication?