Part of Google Workspace core tools, Gmail is the official email for UIC students, with the exception of students from the College of Dentistry and School of Law.
UIC email accounts are created for students once their NetID is activated. Visit Student NetID to learn how to activate your NetID.
Once a student activates their NetID and password, they will be able to log in to their UIC email. Any emails sent to their @uic.edu email address will be sent to their designated UIC email account.
CTA Heading link
Access UIC Microsoft Exchange Heading link
Microsoft Exchange is an email server, which UIC uses as a dedicated network resource management program to manage university email. Outlook is the Microsoft application that students will use to access university email.
Outlook can be accessed online at office.uic.edu or by installing the Microsoft Outlook application on your desktop computer. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is required. Learn more about Duo 2FA.
To access Outlook online, students must enroll and authenticate with 2FA. Visit how do I set up 2FA? for step-by-step instructions.
- Go to outlook.uic.edu.
- You will see a University of Illinois Chicago login page.
- Enter your NetID or UIC email and password and select Sign In.
- Authenticate with Duo2FA.
Email Tips Heading link
- Effective Saturday, May 29, 2021, email routing to uic.edu will be updated to improve overall UIC email delivery security. As a result of this change, UIC email users may see more email routed to Junk Email or Spam folders.
- We suggest that you periodically check your Junk Email/Spam folder in case any messages are incorrectly marked as spam, and report any phishing attempts that do make it to your inbox to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about new spam filters.
- The email forwarding program is available to students who graduate from UIC.
Email FAQs Heading link
Visit the UIC Help Center Knowledge Base to find these email answers and more.
- How can I check my UIC email?
- What is Safe Links and how does it help protect me?
- How can I check my Junk/Spam Email Folder in Outlook and Gmail?
- What is the email size limit for UIC Email?
- Why don’t I see my UIC email?
- What is the difference between my NetID and UIC email address?
- What is the email address for my GSuite@UIC account?
- Can I keep my UIC email address after I leave UIC?
- How do I report a suspicious or threatening email?