Blackboard Learn is the centrally-supported learning management system used by faculty and students at UIC.
To access UIC Blackboard go to uic.blackboard.com and login using your UIC NetID and password.
- Internet Explorer should be avoided.
Use Chrome, Safari, Edge (Chromium) or Firefox browser for the best Blackboard Learn experience.
- Enable cookies
Enabling cookies is recommended to ensure Blackboard third-party integrations function properly.
- Download the Blackboard App
The Blackboard smartphone app is available for students to receive mobile updates, participate in course-related activities, and view grades.
- Access content when offline
The offline content feature provides continuous access to course content regardless of your internet connection. While you have an internet connection, download some content that you want to view when you’re offline. You can download available content for an entire course or just specific items. Auto-sync ensures your downloads are updated the next time you’re online.
- Update your preferred first name and pronouns
Help classmates and instructors get to know you. Learn more: go.uic.edu/preferred-name.
Visit the UIC Help Center Knowledge Base to find these Blackboard answers and more.
- Which browsers are most compatible with Blackboard Learn?
- How do I enable cookies on my (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Edge) browser?
- What is the Blackboard Learn discussion board?
- Where can I find Blackboard help for faculty and students?
- How do I get help with Blackboard?
- What accessibility features does Blackboard offer?
- I don’t see my courses in Blackboard, can you help?
- How do I check my grades in Blackboard?