Spring 2022 Service Availability & Support Operations
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are adapting to new ways of working
The current pandemic presents different challenges and changes in processes for everyone in the UIC community. Technology Solutions, the university's central IT department, wants to ensure students, faculty, and staff have access to up-to-date information on academic technology services and support operations for the semester.
Technology Solutions is committed to providing students, faculty, and staff with a safe learning, teaching, and working environment. For up to date information on UIC’s response to COVID-19, please visit today.uic.edu/coronavirus.
General technology support includes password reset, VPN access, UIC Wi-Fi, Duo 2-Factor Authentication (2FA), virus removal, software installation, and other tech support. Instructors and staff can search through self-help resources at the UIC Help Center or schedule an appointment for walk-in or virtual support. General Technology Support is available Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Contact support via the UIC Help Center at Ask an IT Question or Report an IT Problem.
In-person support will be unavailable until January 24, 2021. Schedule a virtual appointment to get support go.uic.edu/it-helpdesk.
Available Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm by calling 312-413-0003 option 9. If you leave a message, a ticket will automatically be created on your behalf and we will follow up with you.
To schedule an appointment for virtual support, visit go.uic.edu/it-helpdesk.
Browse services, submit requests and search self-help resources at the UIC Help Center.
- Campus computer labs will be open in the spring semester. See lab locations for capacity and hours of operation.
- Duo 2-Factor Authentication provides an extra layer of security for your UIC identity and data, and is required for certain university services and applications. It has recently been added to Microsoft 365 applications (Outlook, Office, Teams, and more), along with Box and Qualtrics. If you have not already enrolled, be sure to do so today by following the guide at go.uic.edu/setup-2fa.
- Forgot your password? See how you can reset it on your own using your recovery options.
- If you are still having trouble, make a virtual appointment.
- Not able to come to campus? See how we can help you.
The Learning Technology Solutions (LTS) Support Office, located in Lecture Center E, provides faculty with a one-stop-shop for teaching and learning with technology. Whether assistance is needed with Blackboard, Lecture Capture, Panopto, classroom, and other teaching and learning technologies, the LTS Support Office can assist.
The LTS Support Office is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm and Friday from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm.
Send to LTS@uic.edu.Requests are responded under two business days unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required
Walk-in support will be available for the semester at the LTS Support Office, located in Lecture Center E room E112.
Available during LTS Support Office hours by calling 312-413-0003, option 1. If you leave a message, a ticket will automatically be created on your behalf and we will follow up with you.
The CATE website, teaching.uic.edu, provides instructors with the tools and resources available to support teaching and learning.
- Appointments for Instructional Design and Education Technology consultation can be made online using the CATE Instructional Design Team Calendar
- Short-term equipment lending services have limited availability for the 2021-2022 Academic Year. If you have a critical academic need for equipment on a short-term basis, please contact LTS@uic.edu for available options.
- If you are a student in need of a long-term laptop or hotspot equipment, you may apply for the COVID-19 Long-Term Equipment Loan. The program is based on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to availability.
- Students may be able to apply for funding through the following programs:
- CARES Act* funding is available to students who file a Change of Financial Situation Appeal with the Office of Financial Aid. Learn more here: financialaid.uic.edu/faq/ and here: financialaid.uic.edu/aid-process/change-of-financial-situation/
- Students can also apply to the Dean of Students’ U and I Care program* for COVID related emergency funds: dos.uic.edu/student-assistance/uicare/u-i-care-fund/
- *Please note, these programs are NOT managed Technology Solutions. Please visit the CARES and Dean of Students’ U and I Care program pages for more information.
- The Academic Multimedia Lab will be available by appointment only for virtual consultations; requests can be made online using the Multimedia Booking Calendar.
- Short-term equipment lending for multimedia projects will have limited availability for 2021-2022 Academic Year. Email LTS@uic.edu for more information.