Faculty & Staff Tech Support
Support for Faculty, Staff, Instructors, TAs, GAs, and Postdoctoral Associates
Support resources include the UIC Help Center, Technical Helpdesk, and Self-Help options.
Faculty Support Heading link
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching Excellence (CATE) provides UIC instructors support with Educational Technology (Blackboard, Panopto, Echo360), Instructional Design and Consultation, multimedia production services, training and development, and other programs.
College and Unit IT Contacts
Your unit or college may have a dedicated IT Support team or contact available to provide tech support.
For password reset, VPN access, UIC Wi-Fi, Duo 2-Factor Authentication (2FA), virus removal, software installation, and other tech support, students can search through self-help resources at the UIC Help Center Knowledge Base or schedule an appointment for walk-in or virtual support.
The Knowledge Base is a collection of how-to information and guidance to help you find the answers you need. If you aren’t sure how to do something, this is the place to start.
UIC Help Center
The UIC Help Center provides a centralized location to request services, get support, submit tickets and find answers. Go to the UIC Help Center to reset your password, Report an IT Problem, Ask an IT Question, view reported Service Notices, and more!
Faculty and Staff Quick Tips Heading link
Find service pages and answers to frequently asked questions.
NetID and Password
Your Network ID (NetID) is a network login assigned to you that is unique across all University of Illinois campuses. It serves as your login to many University computing and networking services. Faculty and staff can manage their NetID password and 2-Factor Authentication at the NetID Center.
The University of Illinois uses a 2-Factor authentication (2FA) service provided by Duo Security, an industry leader in cybersecurity services. This will help secure your account and the University’s sensitive data.
- How do I set up Duo 2FA?
- How can I learn more about 2FA?
- How do I enroll in 2FA while off-campus?
- How do I add a device to Duo 2FA?
- How can I install the Duo Mobile app?
- What are 2FA hardware tokens?
- How do I activate Duo Mobile 2FA on my device?
- What are some Frequently Asked Questions about Duo 2FA?
Email and Calendaring
The Email and Calendaring service provides university constituents a mechanism to send/receive emails and create calendar and meeting events.
File Storage and Sharing
File Storage and Sharing
Technology Solutions provides staff and instructors access to a number of file storage, sharing, and collaboration tools including Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box Team Folders, and Box Health Data folders. Use the Data Storage Finder tool to find the solution for you!
- How do I create a UIC Box account?
- How can I log in to U of I Box?
- What should I do if I get Invalid Credentials or another error message when logging into or signing-up for U of I Box?
- What are the cloud-based storage solutions for UIC?
- How do I Access, Create, and Share files in UIC’s OneDrive?
- How do I send files securely to others at the university?
- I already have a personal account with Box using my UIC email address. How do I sign up for a U of I Box account?
Virtual Private Network
The Virtual Private Network service allows you to securely access resources at UIC over a non-UIC Internet connection.
- How do I log in to the UIC VPN?
- Why should I use a VPN?
- How do I install and use UIC VPN on MacOS?
- How do I install and use UIC VPN on Linux?
- How do I install and use UIC VPN on Windows?
The UIC campus wireless network identifies itself as UIC-WiFi. It is not recommended for faculty and staff to use the “eduroam” network on the UIC campus, as the UIC-WiFi network will provide you with better reliability and ease of connection to university resources.
The UIC Information Security and Privacy Office is part of Technology Solutions, the university’s central IT Department and provide security, data integrity, and compliance for university activities. Services include authentication, access, and role-based provisioning; and services that provide a secure computing environment for end-users, including endpoint intrusion prevention, malware protection and remediation.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning services provide direct support to the teaching mission of the university. Services in this category include the management and provisioning of enterprise level instructional technologies, which allow instructors to manage, share, and develop course materials, and facilitate learning through collaboration technology.
Telephones & Voicemail
Telephones and Voicemail
To add a telephone, request a telephone or softphone, move/change telephone/voicemail or browse telephone and voicemail services, visit the UIC Help Center.
Advanced Cyberinfrastructure for Education and Research (ACER) strives to provide researchers and their collaborators around the globe with a broad array of computational resources and data-related services to meet any and all of their technical needs.
- What is High-Performance Computing?
- How do I get access to High Performance Computing for my research needs?
- How do I access UIC Qualtrics?
- How do I use Qualtrics or find instructional documentation and training?
- How do I contact Technology Solutions or Qualtrics Support to request help with Qualtrics?
UIC’s Softphone solution, using Cisco Jabber, allows you to make and receive calls to your UIC VoIP phone number on your Windows or Mac computer. With a microphone and headphones/speakers, this service is easy to use.
UI Health Staff
UI Health Information Services
UI Health Information Services provides, maintains, and supports UI Health employees, staff, and personnel, and UI Health systems such email, telephones, identity and access management, Epic and other UI Health-managed services. For support, call or email IS Help:
Email & Phone Support
- Phone: 312-413-7717
- Email: email@example.com
Administrative IT Services (AITS)
Administrative IT Services
(AITS) is the IT unit responsible for enterprise-wide information technology solutions and services in support of the administrative processes of the University of Illinois System (UIC, UIUC and UIS). AITS has 8 departments that support U of I of Systems such as Banner, Human Resources, student registration, financial management, enterprise-wide services, and more.
Email & Phone Support
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AITS Service Desk (UIC): 312-996-4806
- AITS Service Desk (UIUC): 217-333-3102