Host Meetings Online
UIC supports several web conferencing tools that enable virtual communication and collaboration. Instructors should be familiar with Blackboard Collaborate, and at least one other tool, in case an alternate option is needed.
Hosting Meetings Online
Web Conferencing Tips
- Web Conferencing Features
Many of the tools supported by UIC provide similar services but may have slightly different features. Learn more.
- Choosing the Right Conferencing Tool
Selecting the right tool depends on your course needs and teaching objectives, so it is important to understand each tool’s features and capabilities. Learn more.
- Student Access
- UIC provides students with access to Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and Zoom for meeting virtually with classmates for group projects.
- UIC Students can join Webex Meetings but cannot host or create Webex Meetings.
- Blackboard Collaborate is available in Blackboard Learn only and rooms must be made available to students by instructors.